SB189 will become a California Lien Law in 2012 and the current forms used to release lien rights will become a thing of the past. The new:
- Conditional Waiver and Release on Progress Payment
- Unconditional Waiver and Release on Progress Payment
- Conditional Waiver and Release on Final Payment
- Unconditional Waiver and Release on Final Payment
contain new language, structure, a broader scope of application, and identification of exceptions.
The primary intent of each of these documents will remain the same: To release the lien rights of those who have properly executed and served a valid “Preliminary Notice”. However, form compliance and signature by the claimant are critical to meet the requirements as set forth on Chapter 3 Waiver and Release section 8124 (a)
CRM open account clients may subscribe to “eSystems” a comprehensive preliminary notice management tool which offers the ability to:
- Create New Request fir preliminary notices to be researched, prepared and served
- Manage fully executed copies of your served preliminary notices, including the ability to track the actual serving of the preliminary notice.
- Prepare and Print, or eMail; Conditional, Unconditional, Progress, and Final Waivers and Releases of Lien Rights as granted by the Preliminary Notice.
For additional information please contact CRM Lien Services at 1-800-Prelims (773-5467).